By spending free money in brand-new ventures, you can boost both the company’s profitability and your own personal wealth. If the owner of the funds chooses a bad course, investments may become unprofitable.
Read more: Make money on the Internet — the 5 best ways
An investment is what?
It is simpler to comprehend what an investment is if we use bank deposits as an example. The owner of the funds trusts a financial institution with his resources for a predetermined amount of time. The investor receives the funds and a percentage fee for their use at the conclusion of the predetermined time frame. As safe as it gets, this choice is. The bank identifies projects on its own where it may profit while using borrowed money.
The most well-liked investing sectors:
- Purchase of land.
- acquisition of real estate, including non-residential and commercial structures.
- refurbishment and reconstruction of already-existing structures.
- investing in an established company (one’s own or another’s).
- purchase of patents, licenses, and other intangible assets such as copyrights.
- Private investors do not have «direct» access to all investment types. Similar to a bank, there are organizations that collect donations from the public and then distribute the money to sponsored business ventures.
Financial and actual investing differences
There are various investment options. It is possible to buy securities, such as shares, bonds, and bills of exchange, in addition to purchasing equipment for the development of production and residential real estate for future rental. The latter presupposes that the investor is knowledgeable about the financial market and how numerous fundamental processes affect the growth or decline of the assets they have acquired.
All existing investment kinds are split into two conditional categories:
- True. investments in fixed assets, intangible assets, and inventories
- Materially. By issuing shares, promissory notes, and other securities that are traded on the market as «commodities,» they are transformed into a type of autonomous investment.
- In trade organizations, the first choice is more typical, where gains can either be rewarded as profits or spent in expanding your own business or entering new markets. For private investors, the second choice is preferable. Because of this, investing in securities lowers the danger of suffering substantial losses. The money is actually managed by professionals.
Investment options that are appealing
Every business eventually suffers with the issue of declining profitability. Management may be left with no choice but to liquidate (go bankrupt) the company if this aspect is not factored in beforehand. Rapid business modernisation, restructuring, or corporate expansion can prevent this. All of this, however, costs more money.
The following categories of investments are separated based on the source of income:
Private. You can rely on them to coordinate the issuing of company shares, guarantee their entry into the market, and generate investor interest.
a federal state. Generally speaking, local and federal authorities are interested in fostering new activities and as a result, they support particular fields at the expense of tax dollars.
Foreign. It can be necessary to extend your business internationally or to get loans with cheaper interest rates, such those offered by US or European banks.
Regardless of the source of funding, a preliminary project analysis is necessary, as well as the estimation of predicted earnings, particularly when accounting for all potential hazards. A conclusion regarding the application’s viability will be reached after a thorough investigation.
What is investing in stocks?
A sizable investment is typically needed to invest in a firm. Even with government assistance, not all private investors can satisfy the demands of seasoned startups or advanced manufacturing enterprises. As a result, they look for strategies to draw investments that are accessible to owners with limited finances.
Examples of participation:
- Share in the share capital of LLC. The investor then becomes a co-owner of the company. The percentage of profit is not known in advance, it all depends on the success of the entrepreneur.
- A block of shares of a large company. The investor obtains an amount for which he has sufficient funds. The value of each share is constantly changing, you can take advantage of the price decrease / increase.
- Investment fund shares (UIF). The club owners themselves are looking for the most profitable profit opportunities, investors are usually not informed about the details, but only receive the final reports.
- When you invest in a mutual fund, profitability data from previous periods is usually available. However, it should be noted that the existence of gains from past actions does not guarantee that they will be received in the future, the risk of losses is always present.
How dangerous is investing?
Despite assurances that every investment will provide a profit, most propositions nonetheless carry some risk. Not all risks are predictable because they can be internal or external. By creating an investing portfolio that lowers the probability of losses, part of the issue is resolved.
Depending on the type of investment, there are risks of the following types:
- liquidity risk. Interest in the asset may drop rapidly and its value will be significantly lower than its purchase price, regardless of current market conditions.
- Inflation. Buying power in the market can drop so much that all assets lose a significant percentage of liquidity.
- Currency. If assets are tied to foreign currencies, devaluation in the domestic market will lead to a depreciation of assets in rubles.
- legal. Changes to the regulatory framework may reduce / increase the risk of losses.
There are natural man-made factors, but they are originally referred to as force majeure and are referred to as separate clauses in the contracts. The rest can be «adjusted» by continuously monitoring changes in financial markets (domestic, global), with a timely adjustment of the investment portfolio when new regulations come into force.
Rules for safe investments
If you consider the implementation of investment rules at the portfolio planning stage, risk can be reduced more easily. They are applicable to everyone and let you keep investment risk to a manageable level. One cannot entirely rule out this possibility.
The most popular guidelines are:
- It is acceptable to just invest free money. Since the risk is too high, loans should be omitted from the portfolio.
- A detailed list of the things in which money can be invested must be made.
- It is advised that you distribute your savings equally among various investments.
- You should carefully research the projects before investing, taking into account past investor ratings.
- Profits up till the initial deposit is fully repaid should be accumulated until the investment portfolio is fully profitable.
Even if the most dangerous ventures have previously shown high profitability, you shouldn’t become overly enthused and invest a lot of money on them. No one can ever promise that a business will always be profitable.